How Do I Get My 20 Minutes of Reading?
• Read during snack time
• Keep a few books in the car
• Make a set time to read aloud to your child- even if its for 5 minutes!
• Add reading into transitions- reading while you clean up lunch or finish getting ready to leave
• Read everything! Signs, food boxes, magazines, etc.
• Keep books by their bed • Have a set time for your child to read quietly to themselves
• Play reading games- hangman, Brain Quest, etc.
• Read while you wait at a restaurant or doctor’s office.
• Listen to stories online. Try Storyline Online!
• Read activity books, such as cookbooks for kid