- Martin County West School District 2448
Central Office Administrative Assistant
This position is located in the Central Office at Sherburn Elementary School in Sherburn, MN. This is a year-round, full-time position with locally competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. The person in this position coordinates many functions of the Central Office of Martin County West Public Schools with a focus on confidential support for the School Board and superintendent, and collaboration with all schools and departments of the school district.
The duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating details of the School Board schedule: preparing notices, agendas, meetings, and minutes; facilitating school district elections; and, maintaining official School Board records and policies
- Managing the superintendent's office: answering phone calls and emails; scheduling and preparing for meetings; processing mail; preparing and distributing the monthly newsletter; and providing excellent customer service for Central Office visitors.
- Supporting district operations: gathering data and submitting reports such as enrollment information to the Minnesota Department of Education and monthly meal counts for Food Service; maintaining the school district website and assisting with social media; processing job openings; processing applications for meal benefits, monitoring meal accounts, and communicating with families about meal account balances; and, assisting with financial operations such as some accounts payable tasks and preparing for the annual audit.
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with internal and external constituents.
- Understanding of accounting principles and ability to perform bookkeeping functions.
- Proficiency with Google applications, Microsoft Office, and standard office equipment such as copiers, faxes, etc.
- Knowledge of office management procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling private and sensitive information about students, staff, finances, collective bargaining, and more.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and circumstances and willingness to participate in problem-solving.
- Advanced training in office administration
- Successful previous relevant experience desired.
Position is open until filled with the first review of applications occurring on December 9, 2022. Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume via email or postal service to:
Cori Reynolds, Superintendent
Martin County West Schools
105 E Fifth Street
Sherburn, MN 56171