The way time flies, it won’t be long until work begins on Sherburn Elementary and Trimont Elementary. As you already know, these buildings will have extensive work done during the summer to replace the boilers and improve climate control.
Some of this work will begin before the school year actually ends and I wanted you to be aware of this as you make your plans for the spring and summer.
- The Trimont gym will be unavailable beginning in May. Contractors will be working in the gym during May so that it can be used for storing classroom supplies and furniture in the summer.
- The swimming pool will be closed on May 1. It will then be drained so work can begin in the locker rooms and pool area. The pool will reopen after school begins in the fall.
- The playgrounds at both elementary schools will not be safe to be used by children during the summer months. There will be heavy equipment and busy construction people working in and around the school sites. To keep our students safe, please find an alternate place to play for the summer.
- If you are part of an organization that holds activities in the school buildings during the late spring and summer, please make arrangements to find another location for these events.
- Registration this summer for K-12 students in all buildings will be held at MCW Jr/Sr High in August.
These are big projects to complete before the next school year begins. I will keep you updated as work progresses.
Allison Schmidt, Superintendent