MCW Central Office has Moved
105 East 5th Street
Sherburn, MN 56171
Fax -- 507-764-2335
Community Education --- 507-764-2336
Keep Them Thinking
Summer is a busy time for recreational activities and family vacations. Although your child is not in school, summer is also a time to continue learning. Below are some fun activities your family can do together to keep your student’s brain thinking.
- Read…books, newspapers, magazines, how-to manuals, billboards, and more!
- Visit points of interest such as a museum, zoo, monument, state park, and historical site.
- Start a hobby.
- Plant a garden.
- Communicate with a relative via e-mail or a letter.
- Take a trip to the library.
- Keep a journal of summer activities.
- Start a checking account for the earnings from a summer job.
- Try new, healthy recipes.
- Calculate sale prices when shopping (30% off=?)
- Figure the distance in miles and kilometers on a road trip.
- Collect, identify, and research 5 insects (or plants, trees,…) from your yard.
- Make a colorful stepping stone for the garden.
- Play a game outside as a family – or a board game on a rainy day.
- Plan a scavenger hunt.
Summer time is family time. These ideas are just a few ways your family can have fun together while also promoting learning. Have a great summer!
Allison Schmidt, Superintendent